Thursday 1 November 2007

HAPPY TO PASS ON WELL WISHES

I have just received a call from Ahmed Khan, prospective candidate for the Beacon and Bents Ward. He informed me that Councillor John Wood, a current representative of the of the area, has been involved in a car crash whilst returning from a family celebration. Currently a patient in South Tyneside Hospital, Councillor Wood has a chipped “third vertebrae”. Mr Khan asked me to post on his concerns for Mr Woods well being, and his hopes that he makes a full recovery.

Naturally it is a pleasure to do so. I know that many Councillors’ follow the posts on this site, so I am sure the well wishes will get passed on.

It is good to see that despite the rough and tumble of politics, there still exists people who are prepared to put things to one side and adopt a compassionate approach.

No comments: